Re: gtk start up

Roux William <wr@access-pro.fr> writes:

> Hi,

>  I am just a beginner in gtk-world, I 'd want to know if HP9 X11R5
> and motif 1.2 is enought to start gtk up.

Motif is not needed at all. GTK is supposed to work with X11R5, and
HP-UX 9, but it has not been extensively tested on that platform.

> I tried to use "configure" but I had an erro at config.sub (I
> believe it is because the config;sub sample was made for sun'). So,
> I think that I really need a good REAME to make gtk (I could not
> find some doc to make the library in the distribution ....)

Building GTK should be almost as easy as:

  ./configure
  make
  make install

If that doesn't work, please tell us about the errors you get.

With X11R5, it may be necessary to give the --disable-xim flag to
'configure'.

Regards,
                                        Owen