Re: Text widget problems.

henrik@studentit.hv.se writes:

> I've been playing around with gtk for awhile now, and yesterday I
> discovered that I couldnt type swedish characters to a gtktext widget.
> Is there any way to do this?

The problem is that the Text widget isn't properly internationalized yet.
You can type the Swedish characters into a entry widget (or another
program) and copy them over...

> A second question: How do I bind a certain keypress to a button?

You can't actually make the keypress visually press the button, but
to get the key to call the button's "clicked" signal, you can
create an accelerator table for the window. (See the menu examples
in the tutorial)

Then, you can do:

 gtk_accelerator_table_install (accelerator_table, GTK_OBJECT(button),
                                clicked, key, modifiers);

Hope this helps,
                                        Owen