Re: [gtk-list] Re: patch for gtkbutton.c

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 nuke@bayside.net wrote:

> > > [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
> > > this is a patch for gtkbutton.c that (IMO) improves the button feel a
> > > little.. text appears to press along with the button, and when a button is
> > > held down, the cursor is moved out and back into the button, it represses.
> > > i just thought we needed something like this :) if the text thing isn't
> > > in the "gtk nature", just the button press code would be good.
> > > [2  <text/plain; US-ASCII (base64)>]
> >
> > I'm not sure what you mean by the button press stuff. It seems
> > to work that way now, so perhaps it has been fixed since 0.99.3.
> > If it still doesn't work with the next release, perhaps you
> > could resubmit your patch (or explain more exactly what you mean)
>
> it works that way with togglebuttons, yes.. but not plain buttons. i mean,
> while the mouse button is held down, the button will press and repress
> depending on wether the mouse is over the button or not. currently in
> gtk+-0.99.3, the button presses once, and never again, even though
> moving the mouse over the button again (still while pressed) will activate
> the button's action

hu? i don't get it. if i press a button it sinks, then when i move the mouse away
from it while still holding the mouse button depressed, the button itself will
lift up again, but will sink down again as soon as the mouse is on the button
again. a button is only activated if the button_press *and* the button_release
of the mouse *both* happend inside of the buttons window, regardless of any
intermediate movements. also toggle buttons/check buttons/radio buttons behave
exactly the same (cause of the inheritance, they all happen to use the same
implementation for this).
now, this is behaviour that has stayed the same for more than a year now, the
only thing that changed recently (dunno wether this went in 0.99.3 already) is
the prelight behaviour. a button will always receive leave_notify events now
regardless of its state, so we don't have sticky prelighted buttons anymore
after a button has been set insensitive while the mouse pointer was over it.

---
ciaoTJ