Re: [gtk-list] gtk slowness?

On Tue, 10 Feb 1998 nuke@bayside.net wrote:

> in case i was ignored last time, or maybe the mail never got to the
> list..  i was pondering why Gtk is so *slow* compared to say, Qt or
> Motif? i don't mean it just has unneeded repaints (although that could
> use some work too), things like the popup menus come up very slowly.
> there isn't any delay written into the code, but it does take a short
> moment before a menu is popped up on a mouse movement (See the Gimp's
> Filter menu). is there a specific reason for this? is it anything we can
> work on/fix?

Have you done any investigation to find out why it is so slow?

I don't have any problems with speed here... If you're running it on a
386SX/16, though, I'd expect a small speed problem :-)

-- Elliot					http://www.redhat.com/
"The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way
to factor large prime numbers." -- Bill Gates from "The Road Ahead," p. 265.