Re: [patch] a nicer tearoffmenuitem

Sven Neumann <neumanns@uni-duesseldorf.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is a short patch that replaces the (in my eyes) ugly horizontal line
> used for tearoff menus with something that resembles more to a handle (it fact
> it is one). I haven't committed it instantly since some people might not like
> that it uses a little more space. Please commit it if you like it...

This has been suggested before. One hesitation I have about using a
"handle" there is that that implies a response to button motion that
is not implemented. It always annoys the heck out of me that the
little toolbar with the handle in the lower right of Netscape (I'm not
sure what versions this comment applies to) looks like it should be
tearoff, but actually is a button you press to get the toolbar to pop
into a new window.

                 Owen
                 (Who actually sort of likes his dotted line ;-)