Re: [gtk-list] Re: [patch] a nicer tearoffmenuitem

Owen Taylor wrote:

> This has been suggested before. One hesitation I have about using a
> "handle" there is that that implies a response to button motion that
> is not implemented. It always annoys the heck out of me that the
> little toolbar with the handle in the lower right of Netscape (I'm not
> sure what versions this comment applies to) looks like it should be
> tearoff, but actually is a button you press to get the toolbar to pop
> into a new window.

I agree that the handle bar is no ideal solution because it uses too much
space. I'm not totall yhappy with it. ON the other hand I think the handle
is a quite good association since the menus get teared off like a handlebar
does. Probably someone comes up with a better solution, since I really think
the dotted line is ugly...

Salut, Sven