Re: [gtk-list] Re: Need help on Gtk--

From: Karl Nelson <kenelson@ece.ucdavis.edu>
Subject: [gtk-list] Re: Need help on Gtk--
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 11:34:37 -0800

> Can you send a little more of the source code.  It is not apparent
> what is the declarations of function system.  It looks like a template
> problem as connect_to_function is a template.  (I haven't worked
> with gcc 2.8.1, so I don't know how well the templates are supported.)
> Additionally some casting may be required for that callback argument
> you placed.
>
> Most of the gtk-- testing is done with egcs.  So there may be some differences
> there.

Thanks Karl for your prompt reply.

I am sending you the whole source code. Hope this will give you a hint. I
will buy you a drink if my program runs:-) You see I have spent almost 2 days with his troublesome program.

#include <gtk--.h>
#include<stdlib.h>

class Launcher:public Gtk_Window
{
public:
  Launcher();
  gint delete_event_impl(GdkEventAny*){
    Gtk_Main::instance()->quit();
    return 0;
  }
private:
  Gtk_VBox* vbox;
};

Launcher::Launcher()
{

  vbox = new Gtk_VBox();
  add(vbox);
  vbox->show();

  Gtk_Button* button;
  button = new Gtk_Button("Kterm");
  vbox->pack_start(button);
  connect_to_function(button->clicked,&system,"kterm &");
  button->show();

  button = new Gtk_Button("Netscape");
  vbox->pack_start(button);
  connect_to_method(button->clicked, Gtk_Main::instance(), &Gtk_Main::quit);
  button->show();

}

int main(int argc, char **argv)
{