Need help on Gtk--

Hello there
I have just finished the installation of both gtk+-1.0.6 and Gtk--(0.9.16)
on my Linux machine. Though an error was occured at the end during
the installation of Gtk--, it seemed to be not a fatal error. It just got
exited from the (directory_where_Gtk--was_untarred/gtk--/example) directory complaining that there is no
"Makefile.in". However to verify whether it works, I wrote a trivial program
with the Gtk-- and had it compiled safely.

I am now writing a test program with the Gtk-- which launches some
X clients from the system when the corresponding buttons on it are clicked.
But my gcc(2.8.1) compiler detects an error saying that
"test.cc:37:conversion from `Signal_proxy0<_GtkObject>' to
non-scalar type `Signal0' requested/usr/local/include/gtk--sigcpp.h:176: in passing argument 1 of `connect_to_function(Signal0 &, void (*)())' "

I have a function call statement connect_to_function(button->clicked,&system,"kterm &")on the line 37 in my source code.

Another thing is worth mentioning that if I use any local function instead of
"system" such as connect_to_function(button->clicked,&show_hello), it works
well! where function show_hello() was difined in the same source code.

Am I missing something in my source code? Or is the error which appeared
during the installation of Gtk-- affecting it?

I have no idea why this is happening. I need your kind advice.
Concrete solution will be appreciated as I am a novice at this stuff.

I am looking forward to hearing from someone.

Best regards,
Takdir

                               (((
                               o o
                               (   O
                                /
    *  CHOWDHURY TAKDIR HOSSAIN                                 *
    *  INSTITUTE OF COMPUTER SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING,           *
    *  DATABASE LAB., SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, TSUKUBA UNIVERSITY. *
    *  email:takdir@dblab.is.tsukuba.ac.jp                      *
    *  http://www.dblab.is.tsukuba.ac.jp/~takdir                *
                               |__|__|
                              (__(___|