Re: [gtk-list] $#$#@$#$#$#$!@!!#@$@#@#%#^&@#$@!

Kemal 'Disq' Hadimli wrote:

>  Today I installed glib & gtk 1.1.6, both with debug-enabled and
> static-disabled.
>
> testgtk does not work, it exits with:
> Gdk-Warning: Cannot open display: :0.0

Simple, the message says it all. First try with

        export DISPLAY=:0.0

if that doesn't work I would think you are trying to display in
on a host other than the one where the binary resides, in that
case you have to also do:

        xhost +YourDisplayHost

> I compiled Sandmail, and it's error is more strange:
> GLib Error: Could not allocate 8192 bytes
> aborting
> IOT trap/abort

No memory =) unless the message is incorrect. Why it can't
find memory is another question...

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands