Re: [gtk-list] Re: Large pixmap strategy needed

This document was damn good - it has helped no end to clear up the confusion I
had regarding the various image formats. So I vote it should go into the FAQ.
I will still have to think long and hard about how to implement my
(unfortunatly not tilebased) 1500x500 map. As it will have to be magnified to
at least double the size, just converting it to a pixmap and blowing it up
would take a whopping amount of memory...So back to the drawing board :)

Cheers
	Dave

--
            Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.1.125
   <dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> |