Re: [gtk-list] Re: Large pixmap strategy needed

On Sun, Dec 06, 1998 at 05:32 +0000, Todd Dukes wrote:
> Owen Taylor wrote:
> >
> > Dave Swegen <dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> writes:
> >
> > > On Sat, Dec 05, 1998 at 16:06 +0000, Todd Dukes wrote:
>
> For a static pixmap I agree. He mentioned doing fills.  I assumed
> he ment that he would be filling irregular shapes, possibly
> reading pixels from the pixmap to find the edge. I don't
> know how to do an efficient fill of a pixmap, is it possible?
>
> I didn't understand what he would be doing with the fill. My
> recomendation

Basically the game I'm trying to do displays a map of the world, which as
players take over countries get filled in with that players colour, and as
each country has a black border I just need to be able to do a flood fill.
Warcraft is still just a smidegon beyond my capabilites :)

I'll probably end up going with imlib, as I'll probably want to magnify
the map (1500x500 looks pretty small on a 1024x768 desktop).

As for the xlib programming manual it's exact url is (I just checked :)
http://tronche.com/gui/x/xlib/

Cheers
	Dave

--
            Dave Swegen           | Debian 2.0 on Linux i386 2.1.125
   <dave@recursive.prestel.co.uk> |