Re: ANNOUNCE: Archive of Gtk-based software

Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, Martin Schulze wrote:
>
> > There is, it's web based, and it's not quite reliable, since many links
> > end in the void, and it contains links to projects with no source.  That's
> > the Gtk software map.  I plan to install an automatic diff mechanism for
> > that.
> In some of the directories there is a file called homepage.  I set
> up such a file for the program you mirror from my site (paul), too.
> Whould this help?

No.  Your package is quite easy since I addded it to the regular mirror
configuration.

The homepage and url files are helpers so I can find the original
site for the package.  There is also a file regexp in some directories
that restrict searches to certain files.

> Should there be also a file called say "ftpsite"?

That file is called url. :-)

> Do you aware of the fact, that there are more files (some outdated ones)
> mirrored at your mirror, which aren't available at the home site?

Yes.  I'm trying to keep about the last five version of a package and
then remove older ones.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.