Re: [gtk-list] RE: object unref error

"Rostedt, Steven" wrote:

>         I had a similar problem in 1.0.6. (I'm still using the so called
> "stable" version)

Me too but many people gamble into deploying application with
development versions :-( so now I build for both (got to
keep 'em hooked, business decision for free software :()

> > Any ideas?
> >
>         No but I have lots of opinions ;)

Thanks anyway David & Steven, but I do have the solution now!:

static void popupCB(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer dlg)
{
    gtk_grab_remove(GTK_WIDGET(dlg));    /* just a feature... */
    gtk_widget_destroy(GTK_WIDGET(dlg));
}

        :
  gtk_signal_connect_object(GTK_OBJECT(dlg), "destroy",
    	                 GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_widget_destroyed),
                         (gpointer)&dlg);
        :
  gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(okBtn), "clicked",
                       GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(popupCB),
		       (gpointer)dlg);

 No warnings ,no criticals, no SIGSEV :-) posting just in
case somebody was interested.
		Emilio

--
D. Emilio Grimaldo Tunon       Compuware Europe B.V. (Uniface Lab)
Software Engineer	       Amsterdam, The Netherlands