RE: [gtk-list] object unref error

>    Gtk-CRITICAL **: file gtkobject.c: line 1164 (gtk_object_unref):
>       assertion `object != NULL' failed.
>
> yes, object is not null but what on earth does it mean? why does
> it occur in 1.1.5 and not in 1.0.5? The signal connection to the
> OK button is as follows:

	Actually, the fail is that the object IS NULL.

>     dlg = gtk_dialog_new();
>     gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(dlg), "destroy",
> 	    	       GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_widget_destroyed), &dlg);
>: some code omitted for clarity
>    gtk_signal_connect(GTK_OBJECT(okBtn), "clicked",
>                        (GtkSignalFunc)popupCB, (gpointer)dlg);
>

> I don't know what gtk_widget_destroyed does by the way...

	gtk_widget_destroyed  takes one parameter, so you would need
	to use the "gtk_signal_connect_object" function instead of
	                "gtk_signal_connect".  But please read on ... :*)

	But reguardless, you are trying to call the gtk_widget_destroyed
function
	on the "dlg" widget when the "dlg" widget is destroyed.
	I'm surprised that this worked in 1.0.5.

	So Not fully knowing the internals of GTK, I believe that you
	are calling the destroy operation on widget that has already been
	destroyed. Thus the "NULL" result!

	I had a similar problem in 1.0.6. (I'm still using the so called
"stable" version)

> and the callback is:
>

>   static void popupCB(GtkWidget *widget, gpointer dlg)
>   {
>        gtk_widget_destroy((GtkWidget *)dlg);
>   }
	^^^^^^^
	This is the first time the widget is destroyed!

> Any ideas?

	No but I have lots of opinions ;)