Re: Bug in GtkText

Nuno Ferreira <nmrf@rnl.ist.utl.pt> writes:

> I think I found a bug in GtkText. When starting gnomecal it never shows up
> and eats all your cpu IF you have an event on the current day.
> I found out it's spinning in this loop at line 3389
>
> - gtktext.c::find_line_containing_point
> /* Scroll the bottom of the line is on screen, or until
>  * the line is the first onscreen line.
>  */
> while (cache->next != text->line_start_cache && lph > height)
> {
>     TEXT_SHOW_LINE (text, cache, "cache");
>     TEXT_SHOW_LINE (text, cache->next, "cache->next");
>     scroll_int (text, LINE_HEIGHT(CACHE_DATA(cache->next)));
>     lph = pixel_height_of (text, cache->next);
> }
>
> As you can see cache->next never changes so the loop can never finish.

Hmmm, actually it isn't that simple - cache->next doesn't change
but text->line_start_cache and lph _do_ change, so the loop
(in theory) can finish.

I made some fixes to the Text widget recently related to problems
like this, so if you are using 1.1.1, you might want to
try grabbing the latest version from anoncvs.

Regards,
                                        Owen