Upgrading gtk

On this thought:

What is the correct way to upgrade a version of gtk?
I get it from CVS, do a autogen.sh, configure, then make, then make
install.

Is this correct? When doing that I get an error, so I go and try to
uninstall my previous version. Is it necessary to do this? or can you just
install over your previous installation? Or which way is "better?"

dave

> I made some fixes to the Text widget recently related to problems
> like this, so if you are using 1.1.1, you might want to
> try grabbing the latest version from anoncvs.

Abandoning things is superior,
Pursuing things is inferior.
				Yen-T'ou