Re: [gtk-list] gtk+ on non-linux UNIX

Derek Sherlock wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> I run gimp with gtk+ on my linux box, and would like to also be able
> to use it at work (under HPUX 10.20).
>
> The FAQ doesn't say much about non-Linux platforms, nor the mailing
> list archive.  Perhaps somebody can help.
>
> Under HPUX 10.20 I unpacked gtk+1.0.5, ran ./configure, then make.
>
> I got....
>
>   cpp: "gdk.c", line 44: error 4036: Can't open include file 'X11/Xmu/WinUtil.h'.
>   *** Error exit code 1
>
> Sure enough there's no such include file.  So I looked for it on my
> RedHat Linux box:
>
>   % rpm -qf /usr/X11R6/include/X11/Xmu/WinUtil.h
>   XFree86-devel-3.3.2-13
>
> It comes from XFree86-devel.  Does gtk+ require that the X server must
> be XFree86, or am I doing something wrong?  Can I add this WinUtil
> thing (whatever it is - out of my depth) to a NON-Xfree86 X server?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Derek.

Ok my experience with HP/UX is rather limited, but my rather shaky memory of it
recalls that HP distributes the development libraries separately from the X package
(you have to pay HP to program under X-windows I guess :( ).  I ran into problems
like this while working for one of my clients who runs HP.  Check your HP package to
see if it comes with the development libraries for X.  If not, you might have to
contact the vendor.  (*sigh*)

Of course I could be wrong here, but try contacting HP anyways for this problem.  I
think the above may be the case.

                - Dave