Re: Text selections in gtk

Mattias "Grönlund" <Mattias.Gronlund@sdf.se> writes:

> Hi
>
> Just found something that I would call a bug in the text selection
> handling in gtk.
>
> Start testgtk and run the text test. Enter the following text:
> Selection test
> !!!
>
> Then try to double-click on one of the '!' characters, just like
> som sort of magic the word "test" get highlighted.

Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is a bug or not. Double-clicking on
a word is supposed to select the word. Double-clicking
on a non-word currently selects the preceding word. (Word
being a sequence of isalpha() and '_' characters, IIRC)

It might be better to have it behave like xterm and select a
consecutive range of characters in the same "character class",
I suppose.

Regards,
                                        Owen