glib

I have a question for people familiarized with GTK sources.
A simple one, I hope. :-)

Do GTK make any X calls, that don't go trough glib?

The purpose of the question is: supposing there was a library
that implemented the same interface as glib, say one that runs
over something else than X (windoze, macs, whatever), would GTK
work with it?

(Of course some apps use libs other than GTK and wouldn't work
on this hipotetical port. But what I mean is, would GTK itself
work?)

[]s,
                                               +----
--
        When it feels like I'm going crazy,
     Found a cure to get me trough another day...

Free Software Union       --       http://www.fslu.org

       The Ox project        (BADLY NEEDING HELP)
              http://www.webcom.com/lalo/ox