Re: [gtk-list] Question

On Fri, 14 Aug 1998, KC5TJA wrote:
> I'm trying to write a program which consists of a top-level window (which
> is easy to create), a menu bar (do I use MenuShells or just plain Menus?),
> and an area where an arbitrary number of icons (of arbitrary sizes)
> appear.  This implies a drawing area widget.  *BUT*, just how the heck do
> I use a drawing-area widget?  It's not documented at all!

A drawing area widget is just a blank space with no features to speak of;
to make it do something like this, you'll have to know Gtk and Gdk very
well. To do something like you're describing will be a PITA.

It sounds to me like you want either GnomeIconList or GnomeCanvas. Either
of those will probably save you enormous amounts of code. If you can't
stand to use the Gnome libraries you could cut-and-paste the code.

Havoc Pennington ==== http://pobox.com/~hp