Multiple file add/remove widget?

Is there a new widget in development for multiple file selection, adding,
and removing?

I am working on an audio tool that requires multiple files to be
added/removed in a single session.  When I started working on the tool,
no such widget existed (.99.x), so I made up my own "gtkfileadd". The
widget is based on an old gtkfilesel.  But now, my "gtkfileadd" is
getting old and I'm not sure whether it's worth fixing the bugs.

For links to the tool and screenshots with gtkfileadd:

http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/bchafy/cdb/cdb.html
http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/bchafy/cdb/screenshots/screenshots.html

Bryan