RE: [gtk-list] Re:Center text

I'm not sure what exactly the find_line_at_point function in gtktext.c does,
and why it isn't made public, but if you're trying to find a way to get the
widget to jump to a certain line versions greater than 0.4.5 of gEdit (meaning
CVS) have fixed that problem... Off of GNOME's cvs tree the function is in
search.c and is named seek_to_line, and in version 0.4.5 it's at the bottom of
commands.c... Basically it just calculates the number of lines in the text
widget, and with that information sets the vertical adjustment to the value
that corresponds to the specified line number.. The algorithm isn't exact, but
seems to work pretty well...