Re: [gtk-list] Irix + Linux problems

> From: "David J. Topper" <topper@virginia.edu>
> I've been trying to teach myself GTK under Linux.  So I figured for
> change of pace I would install under Irix.  Install seemed to go fine.
> But now when I try to recompile:
>
> 	gcc -Wall -g first.c -o first `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config --libs`
>
> I get:
>
>         gcc -Wall -g first.c -o first `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config
> --libs`
> 	sh: gtk-config: command not found
> 	sh: gtk-config: command not found
> 	sh: gcc: command not found
> 	*** Error code 1 (bu21)
>
> Anyone?
>
> I'm the same user, with same .profile and whatnot.

It's not finding the programs gcc and gtk-config in your path.  Try:
echo $PATH

to see what your path is and then compare that to where you installed
gtk as gtk-config should be in the bin directory where you installed
gtk - the default is /usr/local/bin.

Are you certain gcc is installed - I assume you do if you comiled gtk,
but if you found a precompiled version you may not have?  gcc has not
been included in the base install of SGI Irix systems I've used - they
want you to buy their compiler :-), but I believe they do distribute
gcc on a freeware CD.

Another thought is to type "rehash" and then try again if the gcc and
gtk-config binaries are in directories that are in your path.

Dave