Irix + Linux problems

Hello,

I've been trying to teach myself GTK under Linux.  So I figured for
change of pace I would install under Irix.  Install seemed to go fine.
But now when I try to recompile:

	gcc -Wall -g first.c -o first `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config --libs`

I get:

        gcc -Wall -g first.c -o first `gtk-config --cflags` `gtk-config
--libs`
	sh: gtk-config: command not found
	sh: gtk-config: command not found
	sh: gcc: command not found
	*** Error code 1 (bu21)

Anyone?

I'm the same user, with same .profile and whatnot.

Thanks,

DT
--
Technical Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
Programmer / Analyst, Dean's Office (School of A&S)