Re: [gtk-list] Compile-Error under Solaris 2.6

On Aug 06, joerg stieler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> [ ... ]
> /usr/include/sys/model.h:32: #error "No DATAMODEL_NATIVE specified"
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `gdkwindow.lo'
> Current working directory /home/jstieler/tempo/gtk+-1.0.5/gdk
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive'
> Current working directory /home/jstieler/tempo/gtk+-1.0.5
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all-recursive-am'
>
> Under Solaris 2.5.1 this problem didn't appears.
>
> Have anybody any suggestions where this error come from ?

Seems to be becoming a bit of a FAQ, this one...

Since you upgraded, are you using the same gcc binary as you used on 2.5?
That won't work - you'll need to get a gcc for Solaris 2.6.  There is a
site somewhere with a gcc .pkg for 2.6 - unfortunately I don't remember
it offhand.

--
Des Herriott
des@ops.netcom.net.uk