Re: [gtk-list] Re: Glade - UI Builder

On 30 Apr 1998, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> This is defintly harder to parse than a lisp-like syntax.  And
> definetly harder to munge with text processing tools.  Would it be
> possible to have the output be Lisp-like?
Actually I agree, Lisp is probably easier to parse :)

> I just read a comment from someone that said that Lisp output is not
> nice to him, well, it is not like the programmer is going to deal with
> it in his daily life nor has the programmer any business making
> changes to that lisp-like file, but if he needs to, he has got the
> power to do it.
No, the worry about the Lisp save format is, that somebody could use the
gtk-guile bindings as a definition. And that is bad. This is actually
worse than a C generator: A C file I can compile and link with, and I'll
probably have to supply some small linkage module. (At least for TOM :) ).

So make it lisp like, but DO NOT make it guile.

Andreas