Managed, shaped windows?

I was wondering, is it possible to have a shaped window managed by the
window manager?  I get the impression this is possible, as in testgtk
there is a comment indicating it's possible to have a titlebar on the
shape icons (in the shape test).  Is this possible or is the comment
inaccurate?

The reason I ask is my player program (Gmp3) uses shaped windows to allow
for it's themes.  However, AFAIK, it's not possible to have a shaped
window managed by the window manager.  Thanks in advance for any help!

Brett.