Re: [gtk-list] Re: Newbie with some low level questions

Ok, so I can use gtkfixed, but I'm not completely getting the results
I'd want.

For one, I can resize and move the widgets about using GtkAllocation and
gtk_widget_size_allocate, but how do I find out the minimum size of a
widget. I thought maybe that would be set in struct GtkAllocation within
a Widget, but all fields of the struct start as 0. My understanding of
the interrelationships between the different "packages" could be
seriously flawed btw. Is there somewhere this data is available?

Also, when I put a fixed within a window, I have no problem resizing and
moving the widget around UNTIL the window is resized. Then the widget is
placed back into its original position (upper left hand corner of the
fixed). Is there something I need to do in conjunction with allocate or
is there a signal being broadcast from window that I could remove to
short-curcuit this functionality?

Doug
--
My wasted space --- http://www.squirrel.net/~dsouth