Re: [gtk-list] gubi-970920 + gtk-1.0.0 == compilation problem

On Thu, 23 Apr 1998, Joe Pfeiffer wrote:

> Downloaded the current gtk+ and gubi today, and when trying to compile
> gubi got
>
> gbuild.c: In function `gb_widget_create':
> gbuild.c:1021: `gtk_tooltips_destroy' undeclared (first use this function)
> gbuild.c:1021: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> gbuild.c:1021: for each function it appears in.)
> gbuild.c: In function `gb_widget_data_set':
> gbuild.c:1691: warning: implicit declaration of function `gtk_tooltips_set_tips'
> make: *** [gbuild.o] Error 1
>
> Looking through gtk's .h files, I can't see that gtk-toolkits-destroy
> is ever exported to outside procedures.  Did it used to be?  I realize
> gubi development has been suspended, but gle doesn't look to be ready
> for prime time...  is anybody at least maintaining gubi to keep up
> with gtk+ changes?  Or have I screwed up somewhere?

gubi development is stalled, that is correct.
besides other projects i'm still working on GLE and will most likely
reimplement gubi as a C-language generator front-end for GLE someday.
as always, it's just a matter of time ;)

i'm sorry gubi doesn't actually compile anymore, but i don't have the
time currently to adapt all of it's source to work with gtk+-1.0.
this would involve a great bunch of work, because the last versions of
gubi use an awfull lot of hacks/tweaks to fix bugs or fill gaps in
old gtk versions (i wasn't as deeply involved in gtk development back
then).

> --
> Joseph J. Pfeiffer, Jr., Ph.D.       Phone -- (505) 646-1605

---
ciaoTJ