Are shared scrollbars possible?

I was interested in creating an application that consisted of a
vertically and horizontally scrollable table.  The problem is,
I would like the headings of the table to stay put while
scrolling vertically, although move with the table when
scrolling horizontally.

For this, somehow I would like to share the horizontal scrollbar
beween the table widget and horizontal box, with labels.  Is this
possible using the scrolled_window or some other widgets?

Thanks,
Chris Csanady