Re: [gtk-list] widgets for spreadsheet

On Sun, 19 Apr 1998, Dave Reed wrote:

> I'm hoping to use gtk for a simple spreadsheet for a software
> engineering class project.  I didn't see a spreadsheet on the Gnome
> list - is anyone aware of a spreadshet using gtk?

SIAG is available in a Gtk version. It is not a Gnome application.

http://www.edu.stockholm.se/siag
ftp://ftp.edu.stockholm.se/pub/siag/siag-2.71.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.edu.stockholm.se/pub/siag/gsiag-2.70.tar.gz

> At the moment I put together a simple prototype for the interface that
> consists of a GtkScrolledWindow with a GtkTable of GtkEntry widgets.
> This probably isn't the best way to do it since I don't think there is
> a way a user can "select" a contigous group of the table entries for
> cutting/copying or for selecting to apply a formula.
>
> Does anyone have a suggestion on what widgets I should use to set up
> the spreadsheet?

SIAG uses a custom monolithic widget for the grid. It was adapted from a
Gtk grid widget by Dan Risacher, which was in turn adapted from the grid
widget written by Yours Truly for the Xt version of SIAG.

As always, what's mine is yours, if you find anything that's worth having
and can figure out how to use it.

Ulric