Re: GTK+ and Unix OSes

Daniel Egger wrote:
>The problem is: to support it someone has to run it and to try if
>the libs compile....
True. *I* run it, but compiling GTK isn't done. The Hurd doesn't run
very well, in fact it crawls and sometimes just crashes, but hey, it's
release 0.2. Possibly Linux looked the same back in 199X (put the
correct number here). So if (when) I download the XFree port && I can
make it run on my 486/66 with an S3 VLB graphics card (Linux makes it
fly) && the GTK libs do compile...
The Hurd is an experimental system. If it survives its own design (I
like it, others find it too radical) and people start porting/writing X
apps for it, I'd like GTK+/GTK-- to be there, ready.
-Daniel