Re: [gtk-list] library problem

//Hi Experts,

Well, I don't think that that's me, but you'll excuse me for answering anyway,
I hope. :)

//	I'm trying to compile GTK on Solaris 2.5.1. I've got gcc version
//2.7.2.3.f.1 and X11R6.3 libs installed. All libs are in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
//Other programs compile ok but this one gives errors in the config.log (Note
//the "fatal" errors:)
//[...snip]

<snip>

//[snip...]
//There are other errors but I'm hoping they cascade out of the initial
//failure to locate ldnet. Looks like I'm missing some libs, ldnet and/or
//ldnet_stub. Apparently these are not distributed with Solaris, although
//lddstub is in /usr/lib. I tried to find out where I could get them via
//Alta Vista with no success. Any help is appreciated very much.

Hmm. I'm running gtk 1.0 on a Solaris 2.5.1 machine. If I run 'gtk-config
--libs', which outputs all the libraries needed for compilation of gtk
programs, I get:

-L/afs/nada.kth.se/home/iplab/johannes/Public/software//lib -L/usr/openwin/lib
-R/usr/openwin/lib -lgtk -lgdk -lglib -lXext -lX11 -lsocket -lnsl -lm

(The first -L/foo being where I installed gtk c.s.) So I don't think that gtk
needs dnet at all. What are your subsequent errors?

//Erik Bryer

Regards,

Johannes.
--
According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are
totally worthless.

Virtually researching virtual behaviour in a virtual world.