RE: [gtk-list] Re: Tutorial code converted to Perl

On 16-Apr-98 Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> This exposes a deficiency in my understanding, then.  Is the tutorial code
> doing this unnecessarily?
>
> From the looks of things, gtk_signal_connect_object is completely unneeded
> in Perl because you can just pass a coderef that calls the appropriate
> object's event code.
>
>  - J<

I was just looking through the C Gtk tutorial (on gtk.org) in section four.
The line you stated in earlier threads has a comment above it which says that
the statement should send a "destroy" signal to the given window which should
then kill the window.  It sounds like it could be a tutorial error because
given the current circumstances and what I've tested... gtk_main_quit()
(Gtk->main_quit in Perl) kills the whole Gtk+ app and stops gtk_main ()
(Gtk->main in Perl).  Perhaps we should notify the tutorial maintainer(s)
about this discrepancy.

--
tile
tile@primenet.com