RE: [gtk-list] Re: Tutorial code converted to Perl

On 15-Apr-98 tile@primenet.com wrote:
> I was just looking through the C Gtk tutorial (on gtk.org) in
> section four.
> The line you stated in earlier threads has a comment above it which
> says that
> the statement should send a "destroy" signal to the given window
> which should
> then kill the window.  It sounds like it could be a tutorial error
> because
> given the current circumstances and what I've tested...
> gtk_main_quit()
> (Gtk->main_quit in Perl) kills the whole Gtk+ app and stops
> gtk_main ()
> (Gtk->main in Perl).  Perhaps we should notify the tutorial
> maintainer(s)
> about this discrepancy.

I'm currently maintaining the tutorial (the English GTK version).

The comment looks like a left over from a previous version -
gtk_main_quit doesn't need the 'window' parameter. This function
tells gtk_main that it should finish (and hence, in this instance,
quit the application).

Have a look at the Color Selection section (7.9) example for a
'cleaner' use of gtk_main_quit and callbacks.

--
E-Mail: Tony Gale <gale@daedalus.dera.gov.uk>
.. or were you driving the PONTIAC that HONKED at me in MIAMI last

The views expressed above are entirely those of the writer
and do not represent the views, policy or understanding of
any other person or official body.