Re: Tutorial code converted to Perl

>>>>> "t" == tile  <tile@primenet.com> writes:

t> Perhaps we should notify the tutorial maintainer(s) about this
t> discrepancy.

Aren't they here?  If not, hopefully someone with some authority (i.e. not
me) can say exactly what's wrong and what the tutorial should say.

At the moment I'm on chapter 7 and have run out of documentation, sample
code and source to go by.

I'm trying to find Perl equivalents of:

style = gtk_widget_get_default_style();
and
gtk_widget_shape_combine_mask( window, mask, 0, 0 );

The first wants to be a widget method, so I made it work by calling it as
one:

$style = $window->get_default_style;

but the latter one has me stumped.  I've tried numerous things hinted by
the XS code but the best I can do is to get an X error [1] instead of a Perl
error [2].

1) Gtk error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)

2) Usage: Gtk::Gdk::Window::shape_combine_mask(window, shape_mask,
   offset_x, offset_y) at ./s7.5-2 line 151.
 or
  variable is not of type Gtk::Gdk::Pixmap at ./s7.5-2 line 151.
 or several others.

 - J<