Re: GtkText bug (?)

Tim Wilson <td_email@usa.net> writes:

> I'm trying to insert a bunch of colored text into a GtkText widget and I
> also want it to
> scroll down along with the horizontal scrollbar.  What happens is I get
> this error:
>
> ** ERROR **: file gtktext.c: line 2780 (advance_mark_n): "n > 0"
> IOT trap/Abort (core dumped)
>
> That error happens when I just use a bunch of gtk_text_insert()'s.
> When I use gtk_text_freeze() then insert colored text and then use
> gtk_text_thaw()
> it works perfectly.. except the text widget/scrollbar don't move down as
> I need.

If you can provide an example that exhibits this behavior, it
would be much appreciated. If that isn't feasible, a stack track
would also be useful.

Any assertion failure is definitely a bug - inserting without
freezing the widget is supposed to work, although it will
be slower than freezing than thawing. (If you insert more
than 1024 characters at a time, it automatically freezes and
then thaws to speed things up anyways.)

Regards,
                                        Owen