GtkText bug (?)

I'm trying to insert a bunch of colored text into a GtkText widget and I
also want it to
scroll down along with the horizontal scrollbar.  What happens is I get
this error:

** ERROR **: file gtktext.c: line 2780 (advance_mark_n): "n > 0"
IOT trap/Abort (core dumped)

That error happens when I just use a bunch of gtk_text_insert()'s.
When I use gtk_text_freeze() then insert colored text and then use
gtk_text_thaw()
it works perfectly.. except the text widget/scrollbar don't move down as
I need.

Any ideas?