Re: Multiple Display support in GTK+?

>>>>> "R" == raster  <raster@redhat.com> writes:

R> On 11 Apr, Jim Harmon shouted:

-> To use the second display in most situations, all you have to do is
-> drag the window you want to appear on the slave display from the
-> master display and drop it.

R> no - this may onyl work under limited circumstances: 1. both
R> displays must contain the same set of visuals, 2: the program does
R> not rely on the current root window id for things it is doing...

Well, I think he was talking about multiple displays as all except X
implement them.  But I was wondering what it would take for your above
restrictions to go away.  For example, BeOS allows multiple desks of
different resolution and depth, and you can just drag them between.
Is there any hope of extending X such that this can be done?

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
Keep America beautiful.  Swallow your beer cans.