Re: [gtk-list] egcs and gtk-- ?

"Andrew V. Shuvalov" <andrew@ecsl.cs.sunysb.edu> writes:
>    When i try to use gtk-- with egcs i got:
> /usr/local/include/gtk--.h:854: sorry, not
> implemented: adjusting pointers for covariant
> returns
> How to fix it?

I noticed a situation where this error happens. If you have multiple
inheritance and the compiler might need to change the value of the returned
pointer when doing implicit conversion from derived* to base*, then gcc
cannot handle this situation and will give that error.

Thus, get rid of the multiple inheritance and you'll be fine. (Gtk--
does not use MI, so...)

I'll be fixing this problem from gtk-- too, but this information might
help you to make a workaround.

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --