Re: [gtk-list] Q's: Animation & GTK Markup Language

> 2) I've noticed that the new windoze gui controls are becoming more
> 'animated' (seems to be since IE4 and the active-desktop patches).

	I hate Windoze, but I do like Widget animations.  Right now a
program I'm writing updates a "label" widget at every keystroke, and it
flashes horribly (although the Win95 program I'm cloning does the same
thing:)

	Raster understands the importance of animation--from what I
understand the next E will have some nifty little anims (is that TRUE,
btw?)

	I think smooth scrolling and superfluous animations are important
to impressing new users (and potential coders)... but *NOT* at the cost of
performance.  If this crap bogs my computer down (like Windoze) then let's
leave it out.

Derek