Re: point & click and gtk_text_get_point

Denis Leconte <denis_leconte@geocities.com> writes:

> (GTK 0.99.9, Slackware 3.4 and/or Solaris 2.5.1)
>
> I have noticed that clicking somewhere in a text widget doesn't seem to
> update
> the position returned by gtk_text_get_point. The function always returns
> the
> position of the insert point when something was last typed in.
>
> Or is that the way it's supposed to work after all?

The point and the cursor are separate items. (The point may
occasionally be set to the cursor when the user edits, but is
not guaranteed to be at the cursor position)

  GTK_EDITABLE (text)->current_pos

is the approved way of finding out the cursor position. (I'm
not saying that this state of affairs is ideal, but it is
the way it is now.)

Regards,
                                        Owen