Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pixmaps in gtk

Andy Tai wrote:

> Again this is another showing of the unhealthy attitude that looks matter more
> than usability.   Gtk is fine as is, providing what's required for an
> professional looking interface.   Going beyond that is a waste. It is wrong to
> think the prettier the interface is, the more people will use it.

Just because it is pretty, don't meant that doesn't work...  I really haven't
learned a great deal about gtk, so I can't say what it can and cannot do.
However, I think what is being refereed to here is something along the lines of
the Enlightenment WM.  The idea of that WM is that _everthing_ is a freeform
pixmap.  As such actual basics(buttons,scrollbars, etc) are pixmaps, thus
yielding a very configurable look.  On a button, for example, several pix could
be provided (up,down,active,inactive,etc,etc) and the WM or lib in this case
would display the correct one appropriately.  This could obviously be done
manually, but having it built in would simplify things for the developer.
Again, I don't know if this is already possible.

Eric