Re: [gtk-list] Re: Pixmaps in gtk

I think Joel is voluteering to put some good effort to improve GTK
here and perhaps you all should stop flaming him and hear what he
has to say.  Having the attitude that GTK (or any widget set) is
perfect is crazy.

I think if a way can be found to do this pixmap thing (and I think
he means for stuff like button borders, not stuff internal to the
button, which GTK can already do), without making GTK slower for
normal use, then it is nothing but a Good Thing.  It should be possible
to set something in gtkrc that uses the internal drawing routines or
set something like the gtkwidgetpixmapset variable to "Win95" or
"Motif" or whatever to use the pixmaps.

This shouldn't be too hard in GTK since all the drawing and stuff
is in the _draw and _paint routines.  Perhaps there will be some
technical difficulties figuring out the allocation stuff, but definately
easier than writing from scratch I would think.  GTK's internals
almost lend itself to adding this.

-Shawn