problem installing gtk+-U1, and drawing_area widget questions

OK, its a bit strange to reply to your own posting, but I sorted it out
(Thanks to Paul M.)

 > I can't get gtk+-U1 to compile [on Solaris]
 >
 > I run configure and then make, which makes everything in glib OK,
 > and then stumbles on the Makefile for gdk....

The answer is to use GNU make,

and also remove:

#if defined (HAVE_IPC_H) && defined (HAVE_SHM_H) && defined (HAVE_XSHM_H)
#define USE_SHM
#endif

from gdk/gdkimage.c

Steve
--
stephend@cogs.susx.ac.uk
Centre for Computational Neuroscience and Robotics