top down widget placement

  Good day,

I have got a tricky problem (once again). I need
to place my widgets (using absolute positioning)
on its parent widgets. This is no problem, but
I also need to control the size of widgets top-
down. That means, that if the main frame (aka
top level window) receives a resize command
from the window manager, then the main frame
explicitly sets the sizes of its children, using
set_usize and set_uposition.

But when I do this, I get a recursion, if I
am not mistaken. I suspect that there is a system
in GTK, which causes the child-widgets to send a
resize command/signal to its parents. Can this
be switched off?

  Thank you in advance and regards,

        Robert Roebling

Robert Roebling <roebling@ruf.uni-freiburg.de>