[gtk-list] Re: Using Mesa (openGL) with GTK

> All Items will implament CORBA as there componant acritecture.
>
> GMWC: (Gtk MircoWidgetComponents)
> General pieces of widgets, used to make the standard level
> widgets (Button's, Frames, etc...). May require a slight revamp of the
> basic widgets, but then Item #3 will require more then a "Slight"
> revamp... This is mostly to alow for the creation of new widgets with a
> standard look & feel. It will also make for easy look & feel
> modifications at the user end.

Yep, provided that the Style "class" is not that easy to use for
the beginner (as me), and is not yet documented in the so-cool
tutorial.
I would even say that the Style class is here to provide C functions
to process quickly some tasks:
Why should we have draw_arrow(), draw_diamond(), and even a
draw_push_button() in the TODO list.
most of the code in gtk is really OO, but some parts are just plain
C. There must be a reason (speed?), but that bugs me.

If someone can give me an hint here, I'd be more than happy.

> GFC: (Gtk Foundation Classes)
> See JFC &| ViewKit, same basic idea...
>
> Also, A new look & feel for Gtk, that is entirly it's own. I'd like to
> see a combo between:
>
> OpenLook & NextStep & (Mabey...) MacOS.

Openlook?
What in OL? :)

> Mostly because I'm sick & tired of anything that even kind of looks like
> Motif... (You know: M$ Windows, Motif itself, CDE(Based on motif, but
> modifyed), Qt, Tk, more...)

> I'll be posting Alpha look & feel pic's soon.
> (I'm thinking a basic copy of the OpenLook Scrollbar would be good,
> as will Completly tearable menus(ala NextStep). The others... Well I'm
> Still thinking on thoughs, that why I haven't posted the Alpha yet :)

I'll wait... I have a lot of time :)
(not free time unfortunatly)

Lokh.