Re: [gtk-list] Re: File manager and article [was: Re: Gtk app build issues]

> On Fri, May 16, 1997 at 11:04:25PM +0200, Christoph Hoegl wrote:
> >
> > Flame:-)
> >
> > What about a <nice>> X-based spreadsheet like 1-2-3 under GUI
> > -control of GTK (my intention is to adapt something like teapot
> > or ss to the GTK (of course OLEO would do as well (<monice> perhaps even
> > easier as it is built on emacs (sorry LISP code) so enhancing it
> > with functions like WHIRL or CONTRAST-AUTO-STRETCH would apply
> > cleany across several well-known GTK-based packages </monice>)
>
> You wanna write it? ;)
>
> I'd love a free decent spreadsheet... I just don't have time to do
> it. :(

The spreadsheet is complete it's problem is the lack of a decent
GUI (GTK comes to mind:-) )

(There are many free Filemanagers (even with X surface (Tkdesk
...) but no single spreadsheet with X-GUI (xterm is no GUI:-) )

Yes i will write it but i will write it not alone (my knowledge
of GTK is -- limited (my time too (but i think it will be
finished at the end of the next ugly (weather) spare days in
Bay Area (so at worst it's done in May 1998)

When someone writes some parts and merges them back to GTK and
starts other Programs then it'll be fine (thinking of GTK-drow
and GTK-lecxe or better 321iGIMPtion and GIMP-me-a-Word?)

Cheers,
Christoph
--
Christoph Hoegl / darkwing@bsdd.regensburg.com / (Darkwing@berkeley.edu)
Siedlungsstr. 18 93128 Regenstauf Germany  Fax:+49 940270611