Re: [gtk-list] Re: Code escape: Gzilla 0.01

On Fri, May 16, 1997 at 08:25:20AM +0200, Sascha Ziemann wrote:
> Raph Levien wrote:
>
> >    After a couple of weeks of hacking, I am eager to show an early
> > prototype of gzilla to the world. Well, ok, only to gtk developers for
> > now, at least until the UI gets a lot smoother.
> >
> >    The code is available at http://www.levien.com/gzilla-0.01.tar.gz .
> > It is only a 30K download, and will probably only take a minute or so to
> > build.
>
> Can not compile it:
>
> szi@aibon:~/transfer/x/gzilla$ make
> gcc -g -Wall -I/usr/ego/include   -c gzilla.c -o gzilla.o
> gzilla.c: In function `gzilla_con_input_handler':
> gzilla.c:198: warning: implicit declaration of function `GTK_CHECK_CAST'
> gzilla.c:198: parse error before `GzillaByteSink'
> gzilla.c: In function `gzilla_con_query_handler':
> gzilla.c:239: parse error before `GzillaByteSink'
> make: *** [gzilla.o] Error 1

FWIW, it built beautifully for me.  Two different Linux machines, one
using gtk+ from 0.99.8 and the other using 0.99.9. (both running Red
Hat) It also probably built just fine on a SPARC running Red Hat... I
presume I would've gotten a question or two had it not.

One thing that would be very nice, is if everyone would start
standardizing on how to include gtk.h (as well as gdk.h and glib.h)...

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

Works best, I think... usually means less fiddling with -I options to
the compiler.  Especially if you use the RPMs for gtk on
ftp.redhat.com:/pub/contrib... it puts the gtk include directory in
/usr/include so there's no tweaking necessary. (BTW, there are RPMS in
/pub/contrib... ignore the gimp-data one... 'tis from an older package
built by someone else. :)

In any case, I'm absolutely ecstatic that you released some code!  The
GzillaByteSink stuff is precisely what I needed...

Being 3:00am, I think I ought to stop rambling and get some sleep
before I get back to work. :)

Night all.

--
					-Otto.