Re: [gtk-list] Re: Frame around the pixmap in button and color

>  Yes. I found this notation in one of the xpm files that came with
>  bmpbrowser which I installed a few hours ago. But that does the job
>  only half. The background of the xpm is as gray as the button but
>  when you place the mouse over the button the parts which should be
>  transparent do not become bright, but stay in the normal gray.

There's a very good example of how to use pixmaps in buttons in
gtk/testgtk.c.  Look at the create_pixmap() function; the relevant
part is around line 540.  You have to create separate GdkPixmaps for
each of the possible states of the button, and later you squish them
together into a pixmap widget.

  Quartic